A dental bridge is composed of complementary teeth and a dental crown. The bridge closes the gap between one point and another. This tooth replacement literally “bridges” the gap made by tooth loss.
Dental bridges allow you to show your beautiful smile without feeling self-conscious about the gaps between your teeth. In addition, dental bridges cost less than other restorative methods such as implant dentistry.
Reasons for Bridges
- Fill the spaces left by missing teeth
- Sustain proper facial shape
- Prevent the neighbouring teeth from shifting out of position
- Upgrade from a removable partial denture to a fixed one
The Importance of Dental Bridges
Tooth loss negatively affects the surrounding teeth, which lose the stability and support offered by the former tooth.
Dental bridges prevent the adjacent teeth from shifting over time, which if not prevented, will alter the facial appearance. Bridges fill the gaps and provide stability to the surrounding teeth.
Advantages of Dental Bridges
- Provide excellent chewing comfort
- Aesthetics are impressive
- They are a fixed prosthetic that don’t require regular routine cleaning
- You can get used to the treatment in a short time
- Require fewer dental appointments
- With proper maintenance, they can last for 10 years or more
Dental Bridges at Simply Smiles Dental
To learn if you are a good candidate for dental bridges, visit your Toorak dentist at Simply Smiles Dental today! We provide durable and natural looking bridges to restore your smile and confidence. Restorative dental treatments such as dental bridges let you smile confidently, as well as eat and speak comfortably.
Our Special Offers
At Simply Smiles Dental in Toorak, our goal is to make quality dental care affordable. We encourage you to take advantage of our latest offers. To find out more, visit our special offers page or contact us now on (03) 9826 2220 or make an appointment online.