The best way to find a great dentist is through word of mouth. If you live in an area where family and friends live or work, they may be able to recommend their personal Melbourne dentist. They will be able to tell you if the dentist is gentle, has a good bedside manner, and explains the treatment clearly.
They can also advise on other factors that may be important to you, such as, costs, appointment wait times and whether the appointments run on time.
Dentist in Melbourne
Another great way is to ask your Health Fund if they have a provider in your area or near you. This way you will maximise your insurance rebates and spend less out of pocket.
Searching the internet is also a good start. You can find out a lot about your dentist from their About Us page.
Once you have put together a possible list, then you have to select one that you are confident will meet you and your family’s dental requirements in the long term. There are certain aspects you should consider before you make your final choice and these are outlined below.
- Do the dentist’s office hours suit your work / school schedules?
- How convenient is the dentist’s location?
- Where did the dentist undertake his or her training?
- Does the dentist emphasise preventative dentistry techniques?
- Does the dentist keep up to date with contemporary dental practices?
- Does the dentist have the correct certification to undertake anaesthesia to make your dental experience more comfortable?
- Will the dentist be able to see you in an emergency?
- Is there a schedule of fees available or is the dentist prepared to offer a realistic estimate of a treatment program before it commences?
- What financial arrangements are there in place if you miss an appointment?
On visiting the dentist for the first time you should make some observations about the environment of the dentist’s surgery. Is it professionally furnished and clean, how welcoming are the dental staff on arrival and do the dentist and dental assistant wear appropriate protective clothing including disposable gloves? These aspects might seem obvious but not all dentists are necessarily as careful as they should be when it comes to patient safety. You can’t always determine these features until you have actually attended an appointment. Once you have selected a suitable dentist, then you are likely to use his or her services for a long time.
“Everybody Deserves To Smile”
At Simply Smiles Dental, we believe that dentistry is not a luxury, and that everybody deserves to smile. That’s why we keep our prices fair and offer solutions to suit every budget.
We make this investment in you because we’re pretty confident that you’ll be pleasantly surprised when you meet us. Our level of work and patient care ethic is first class.
Contact our Toorak dental office on (03) 9826 2220.
We are Medibank members choice dentist and Hcf members choice dentist.
(We are located in the Toorak Village, in the heart of Toorak and serve patients from Toorak, South Yarra, Prahran, Windsor, Southbank, South Melbourne, Port Melbourne, Malvern, Albert Park, Melbourne CBD, and from all Melbourne metro areas.)