Poor dental care can affect your overall health. It doesn’t only lead to tooth decay and cavities; poor dental care can also result in more serious health problems. The truth is that if you don’t keep your teeth and gums healthy, you could suffer from more than a just a simple toothache or some unattractive dental stains.
According to studies, here’s how unhealthy teeth affect your dental and overall health:
- Your memory can be affected by unhealthy teeth due to oral bacteria that may spread to the brain, contributing to the type of degeneration associated with Alzheimer’s disease.
- Breathing can also be affected. Periodontal disease, which caused by dental plaque and calculus, increases the probabilities of acquiring respiratory infections such as pneumonia and COPD.
- Poor dental care can lead to unhealthy teeth due to gum disease. Unhealthy gums can cause heart problems.
- Because of gum recession and bone loss, your underlying skin looks older, affecting the health of your skin.
- According to the 2007 report of the Journal of the National Cancer Institute, advanced gum disease (also referred to as periodontitis) increases the likelihood of pancreatic cancer.
Establishing good dental hygiene habits can help prevent all these health threats. At Simply Smiles Dental, we want you to understand the importance of practicing proper dental care and how its benefits can affect your health and life in a very positive way.
The health of your mouth affects the health of your entire body; thus by keeping your pearly whites healthy and bright, you are also protecting your overall wellbeing. To learn more about your oral health and how it affects your general health, visit your trusted dental partners at Simply Smiles Dental in Toorak today. We offer a comprehensive range of preventative dental care services, which includes examinations and oral hygiene education.
Contact us on (03) 9826 2220 or request appointment online. Bulk Bill Child Benefit Schedule Up to $1,000.
*PAY NO GAP offer is no longer available