The Child Dental Benefits Schedule will continue in 2017
In the news:
The Australian Dental Association (ADA) has applauded announcement by the Turnbull Government and its Health Minister, Greg Hunt, to reinstate the Child Dental Benefits Schedule (CDBS) cap to $1,000.
At Simply Smiles Dental, we are committed to providing families with the highest level of dental care. Quality care for your children’s teeth and gums is now more affordable and accessible with the introduction of the Child Dental Benefits Schedule – the former Medicare Teen Dental Plan.
Our dental team is passionate about your child’s oral health and we have fully supported the newest plan of the government, which aims to provide all services performed under Child Dental Benefit Schedule bulk billed with no out of pocket expense! At an early age, your child can now enjoy the benefits of having a healthy bright smile crafted by one of our dental professionals.
Features of Child Dental Benefit Schedule
In January 2014, the Federal Government replaced the Medicare Teen Dental Vouchers Plan and introduced this new plan, Child Dental Benefits Schedule. It assists 3.4 million Australian kids with their dental healthcare.
- The CDBS provides up to $1,000 of basic dental services every two consecutive calendar years for eligible children aged 2 to 17 years. For instance, if the dental appointment date is on the first day of January 2014, your child will be eligible for benefits from 2014 until the last day of 2016.
- Children are eligible if the family receives Family Tax Benefit A or any other relevant Australian Government payments.
- Treatments are bulk billed through Medicare. This means NO GAP or out-of-pocket costs for eligible families.
- If you don’t use all your benefits ($1,000) in the first year of eligibility, you can use it in the next year if you’re still eligible.
- The Child Dental Benefits Schedule covers a wider range of dental services than the Teen Dental Plan.
Dental Services Available under Child Dental Benefit Schedule
Treatments covered by the new scheme include:
- Check-ups & examinations
- Scale/ Dental Cleans/ Fluoride
- Dental x-rays
- Tooth Fillings
- Dental fissure sealants
- Root canal therapy
- Tooth extractions
- Partial dentures
Benefits are not available for orthodontics and cosmetic dental procedures. In addition, it cannot be used to pay for any dental services provided in a hospital under general anaesthesia.
Checking the Eligibility of your Children
At the start of the year, eligible families should receive a letter from the Department of Human Services to confirm eligibility. This can also be checked in two different ways: first is by accessing your Medicare account or second, by contacting the Medicare line on 132 011.
Using the CDBS:
- Check the eligibility of your child.
- Schedule an appointment here at Simply Smiles Dental and inform us that your child is eligible for the Child Dental Benefit Schedule.
- During your appointment, our team will discuss the treatment plan as well as the associated costs with you.
- After the discussion, you will need to sign a consent form.
- Your child can now undergo the treatment and the cost will be bulk-billed, which means there are no out of pocket expenses involved in utilising the benefits.
Quality Dental Care for your Children in Toorak
At Simply Smiles Dental, we believe that dentistry is not a luxury, and that everybody deserves to smile. That’s why we keep our prices fair and offer solutions to suit every budget. One way of implementing this is by supporting the fantastic plan of Child Dental Benefits Schedule. Our dental practice will provide all eligible dental procedures under the Bulk Billing system. To schedule your appointment, contact us on (03) 9826 2220 or request appointment online.
We are located in the Toorak Village, in the heart of Toorak and serve patients from Toorak, South Yarra, Prahran, Windsor, Southbank, South Melbourne, Port Melbourne, Malvern, Albert Park, Melbourne CBD, and from all Melbourne metro areas.
Our Special Offers
At Simply Smiles Dental in Toorak, our goal is to make quality dental care affordable. We encourage you to take advantage of our latest offers. To find out more, visit our special offers page or contact us now on (03) 9826 2220 or make an appointment online.