When it comes to restorative dental treatments, there are many options to choose from. There are dental implants, dental bridges and of course, dental crowns.
As the name suggests, a dental crown is in the shape of a cap, and it encases the whole visible portion of the tooth. At Simply Smiles Dental, we recommend dental crowns to:
- Cover and support a tooth
- Attach a dental bridge
- Protect a weak tooth from further damage
- Repair a broken tooth
- Repair a defective tooth filling
If you would like to restore the appearance and strength of your teeth, talk us here at Simply Smiles Dental about dental crowns.
Dental Crown Consultation and Treatment Planning
In consultation, the dentist may take impressions of your existing tooth, which will serve as the basis for creating the shape and size of your dental crown. In addition to the consultation, the dentist will also describe the process of preparing your tooth for the treatment including the administration of anaesthesia, or sedation dentistry if required.
The Dental Crown Procedure
The dental crown procedure generally requires only two appointments. The first appointment involves preparation of the tooth. During the second appointment your Toorak dentist will fit your permanent crown.
- The tooth is prepared and reshaped
- Your dentist will take an impression to create the dental crown
- A special material is used to create an impression of the tooth
- The impression will be sent to a dental lab to create the permanent crown
- The dentist will provide you with a temporary crown in order to protect your teeth while the permanent one is being fabricated
- The permanent crown is ready for fitting and installation
- The temporary crown will be removed and the teeth will be cleaned to remove the temporary cement
- The dentist will ensure the fit of the permanent crown
- Once the crown is perfectly fitted, it will be permanently cemented in placing using a special bonding agent
High-quality Dental Crowns at Simply Smiles Dental
At Simply Smiles Dental, we are dedicated to providing you high-quality restorations that will last decades; restorations that will not just rejuvenate the health and strength of your teeth but also bring out the best in your smile.
If you think you need dental crowns, visit Simply Smiles Dental in Toorak today for expert examination and advice.
Simply Smiles Dental only employs experienced dental surgeons and utilise a set of proven methodologies that deliver functional and beautiful results.
Call us on (03) 9826 2220 to book your Dental Crown Consultation today!