Dental bonding is a great option if you have minor flaws affecting your front teeth. It can be an economical solution for issues such as stained or chipped teeth and is less expensive than porcelain veneers.
In addition, bonded teeth don’t require special aftercare. The material used bonds well with the teeth. On the other hand, after treatment, you must follow some aftercare instructions your dentist will give you to ensure that the composite resin can last as long as possible.
Dental bonding is more prone to staining and chipping unlike other treatments. That is why basic aftercare is needed so you can keep your bonded teeth looking natural and glossy. Here are some tips to keep your bonded teeth in good condition:
- Brushing – Brush your teeth in the morning and once at night. Use toothpaste that contains fluoride and replace your toothbrush every 3 to 4 months to guarantee that your teeth are properly cleaned.
- Flossing – when you floss your teeth, bring the floss up to the gum line and completely remove all plaque before you proceed to the next tooth.
- Drinking water after every meal – when you drink water after meals, you keep your mouth clean and healthy as water will help flush out food debris and lessen acidity levels in your mouth.
- Things that stain teeth – use of tobacco products like chewing tobacco or cigarettes causes yellow stains on your natural teeth and bonded teeth. Foods and drinks such as tea, red wine, juices coffee, and candies with artificial colouring can also stain the teeth. If you smoke, this is a good reason to quit. If you often drink red wine, coffee or other foods with dark colours, cut down on these types of foods.
- Habits that wear down the composite resin – biting on fingernails or pens and on other objects can wear down the bonding material and enamel over time. The composite resin can easily chip, so it’s best to avoid such activities.
Things to Consider When Choosing Dental Bonding
Before you decide on bonding, be sure to choose a dentist who is experienced with the procedure, as dental bonding requires some artistic skill to get optimal cosmetic results. Feel free to ask for “before and after” images of previous patients of your dentist who have undergone dental bonding.
If you notice any sharp edges on your bonded teeth or if they feel strange when you bite down, call your dentist. Bonded teeth can be repaired or reworked if necessary.
The bonding treatment is not suitable in every situation but it can be a quick, painless and affordable way to enhance your smile. When you feel good about the appearance of your teeth, it can help you maintain good oral health and focus on keeping your mouth overall healthy.
Achieve a Beautiful-looking Smile with Dental Bonding in Toorak
At Simply Smiles Dental, our skilled cosmetic dentists have all the knowledge and experience to improve your smile with the help of our advanced equipment and comprehensive cosmetic procedures. If you are interested in improving your smile with dental bonding, consult your trusted Toorak dentist for an examination to determine if dental bonding is the best treatment for your smiles issues. We have worked on hundreds of cases over the years and have developed beautiful smiles for our clients.
We are located in the Toorak Village, in the heart of Toorak and serve patients from Toorak, South Yarra, Prahran, Windsor, Southbank, South Melbourne, Port Melbourne, Malvern, Albert Park, Melbourne CBD, and from all Melbourne metro areas.
We are Medibank Members Choice Dentist and HCF Members Choice Dentist.
Don’t miss our latest dental offers. Contact us on (03) 9826 2220 or request appointment online. We offer FREE Teeth Whitening and Dental Implant Consultation. Bulk Bill Child Benefit Schedule Up to $1,000.